How to apply
595 Dean St is not currently accepting applications. Save the date to be notified once the lottery opens.
Get notified when applications for 595 Dean St are being accepted.
Be prepared to apply by setting up your NYC Housing Connect account and adding your information outlined in steps 1 and 2 below.
Apply online through Housing Connect when the lottery opens.
For detailed instructions, review the Housing Connect Guidebook.
Please note: Only apply online OR by mail. Do not apply online and send in a paper application. Applicants who submit more than one application may be disqualified. Only send one application per development.
Three main steps
You can click each of the steps above for detailed instructions. Instructional videos are available on NYC Housing Connect. Start with 'Public Portal Intro' and follow each video in order to see the full online application process.
1. Create your NYC housing connect account
Choose username, password, and contact
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Registration
- Visit NYC Housing Connect
- Click register in the top right corner
- Enter a unique username
- Create a password. Enter your password twice correctly.
- Enter your primary email address. This is where your account confirmation email will be sent later.
- Add a secondary mode of contact. This can be a mobile phone number or an additional email address. This is where your verification code will be sent later.
- Select the checkbox agreeing to the HPD terms and conditions.
- Click "Create My Account"
Confirm your account
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Account Setup
- In a new window or tab, open the email account that you put as your primary email address.
- Check your inbox for an email from HPD prompting you to confirm your account. The email should come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the link in the email. This will automatically send a six-digit verification code to your secondary mode of contact. It will also open up a new web page where you will enter the code.
- Check your secondary mode of contact for the six-digit code.
- Enter this code into the newly opened NYC Housing Connect page.
- Hit "submit". Your account is now confirmed and you can log in to start your application at any time.
2. Add your information
Add your household members
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Household Setup
- Now that you've created and confirmed your account, you'll need to provide more information about your household, income, and assets. You do not need to complete these steps all at once. You can hit the "Save" button in the bottom right corner of the screen to save your progress and return another time.
- To start, log in to your account.
- If this is your first time logging in, you should automatically be prompted to start Household Setup by entering your name and preferred language. Follow the prompts and hit "next". If this doesn't start automatically, click the menu dropdown arrow in the top-right corner of the screen and click My Household.
- Household Setup starts by adding the name and relationship to each person in your household. The information for yourself is automatically added. To add additional members of your household, click the "add member" button and add their information. Do this for every person who will be living with you in the apartment you are applying for. Once you have added everyone, click "next".
- Next, add your current address. Make sure to include your apartment number. Then, click "next".
- You'll then be asked a series of questions about your household. Follow the prompts for each question and then hit "save" in the bottom right of the screen.
Add personal information
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Personal Info
- After you finish with Household Setup, you will be brought to the Household Summary Page. Here, you'll see a red "Profile Incomplete" tag next to each person's name. Don't worry, that's normal. To get rid of this tag, you're going to add the personal, income, and asset information for each household member. Remember, you can log out and return to your account set up at any time by clicking "save" in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- First, you'll add some personal information. Click "Edit Profile" next to the Household Member's name.
- You'll be prompted with a series of questions. Answer each question and click "next" to continue.
Add income information
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Income Info
- Next, you'll add income information for this Household Member. You can add multiple sources of income for each member. Select the source that best matches this household member's income type and begin the questionnaire.
- Respond to each question and click "next". If you're adding employment income, you can indicate if you know your annual wages from your most recent tax filing. If you do, you'll be required to submit the income based on the appropriate IRS filing, like a W2, for example. If you don't, you can submit an estimated annual income.
- You can add additional forms of income for this household member by hitting the "Add" button. If you're done, save and click "next".
Add asset information
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Asset Info
- Next, you'll add assets information. You can add multiple sources of assets for each member. Examples of assets include checking and savings accounts, retirement accounts, brokerage accounts, and investment accounts.
- Click "Add" for each asset account you need to add and follow the prompts. Once you've added all relevant asset accounts, click "next"
- You'll be asked if you own any real estate. Click "add" if you do and follow the prompts. If you don't, click "I do not own any real estate property" and click "Save"
- You have now completed this household member's profile. You'll now see a green "Profile Complete" tag next to their name under Household Members.
- Repeat the Add Personal Information, Add Income Information, and Add Asset Information sections for each person in your household. When you're done, each household member will have a green "Profile Complete" tag next to their name.
Add housing choices
See Housing Connect video tutorial titled Housing Choices
- To complete your profile, add your housing choices. This is just to indicate if you'd like to be considered for re-rental and re-sale opportunities. Your selection for this section does not impact your application to the 595 Dean St Lottery, but must be completed to apply.
- Answer the prompts, and hit save. Your profile is now complete.
3. Submit Application
595 Dean St is not currently accepting applications.
Get notified when applications for 595 Dean St are being accepted.
Follow these steps when the 595 Dean St lottery begins accepting applications.
See Housing Connect video titled Apply To Lottery
- When the lottery is open, visit the 595 Dean St page on Housing Connect. Please give the page time to load, it may take a few minutes. Scroll down until you see the "Apply Now" button.
- Click the "Apply Now" button. This will display your household size and income based on your profile.
- Check the terms and conditions and click "Submit". This completes your submission for the lottery.
Check out our FAQ below and review the Housing Connect training videos. If you encounter technical issues with the Housing Connect website, please email email@example.com.